Houston240sx.com Forums  
Enjuku Racing

Go Back   Houston240sx.com Forums > Houston240sx.com Marketplace > Services & Sales Reviews

Old 07-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
fishsticks

fishsticks probable wing man
Do not go to southern product finishing

Basically, the seemed like a nice place at first but then they completely destroyed my first e36's valve cover and blamed it on "rough casting." After I bought and prepped another one and had it ready for coating, they wanted to charge more. All in all, do not go to them, and they can kiss my ass.

R.I.P. Aaron Diamond (ADiamond240sx)
October 8th, 1975 - December 19th, 2012
fishsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
Slip&Slide
Building S13

Slip&Slide probable wing man
is that a powdered coating place? where are they located?
and that blows man sorry to hear that
Old 07-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
fishsticks

yeah they're a powder coating company out in pearland. i went to them since i thought they'd be more reliable than a random person who powdercoats, but that was just a mistake.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
Scales

Scales probable wing man
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsticks View Post
Basically, the seemed like a nice place at first but then they completely destroyed my first e36's valve cover and blamed it on "rough casting." After I bought and prepped another one and had it ready for coating, they wanted to charge more. All in all, do not go to them, and they can kiss my ass.
Am I glad I stumbled upon this...I am the person who Mr. Fishsticks is talking about and I have a little different story.

When Fishsticks called in for a quote he was quoted $80 to prep and coat his valve cover with a STOCK powder. This quote was for blasting, base coat and clear coat. I asked if the valve cover was aluminum and was told yes. Mr. Fishsticks decided to go with a NON-STOCK POWDER, Mayan Gold Black, so I informed him that I would order the powder and add the powder cost to the total, which he was fine with. So, when I get the cover in I took it back to our blaster and had it cleaned up. During blasting the material was flaking off in certain areas. Once I noticed this I notified Mr. Fishsticks and said something along the lines of "The casting on this cover is messed up and I don't want to coat it as is because I don't think you or I will be satisfied with the results." I sent him some pictures and he agreed. He came and picked up the valve cover and paid $27.28 (including tax) for the small amount of blasting we did on the original cover, and the 1/2 pound powder I had to order. Now I will say, my blasting on this part is most likely what damaged the casting. However, in my defense I was operating under the notion that this was a cast aluminum valve cover.

After all this I was informed that the valve cover was not aluminum, but MAGNESIUM. Upon hearing this I told him that we would not be able to sandblast the replacement cover he was going to get so we would not encounter this issue again. Mr. Fishsticks said "OK, I'll have it hot tanked to get it cleaned up."

SO, when he returned with the replacement cover and asked how much it was going to be and I told him $65 for a base coat and a clear coat. He tried to talk me down to $50 saying that he had already spent $250 on this project. I told him no. Just because he had already spent $250 on the project does not mean that it costs me less to do the work. I could tell he was not going to be happy with anything we did at this point so I told him I wasn't going to coat his valve cover, and he could come pick it up AND THE POWDER HE HAD ALREADY PAID FOR.

This project did not turn out how I would have hoped, but I in no way mistreated Mr. Fishsticks, or tried to charge him extra. I was very up front and honest during the entire time I was dealing with Mr. Fishsticks.

One last note...I could have never said anything about the messed up cover and just coated it. But that's not how I treat people. I don't want to give somebody something that I am not proud of or would not install on my own vehicle.
Scales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
SnafuPossum
ButtSecksMod

SnafuPossum probable wing man
Glad to hear both sides of the story!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmanmike View Post
i swcored top 3% of dropouts
SnafuPossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
ADiamond240sx
Super Car-Borator

ADiamond240sx is a jewel in the roughADiamond240sx is a jewel in the roughADiamond240sx is a jewel in the rough
Thread cleaned up.

Reviews are for the OP and the service provider ONLY.

Aggrivation-O-Meter
[I][I][I][I][I][I][I][ ][ ][ ]
ADiamond240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #7
fishsticks

Just saw this.

It was more than understandable to pay for the power that I specifically ordered and the blasting that was done immediately, but I was told by you (spf I do not know who specifically replied to this), that the valve cover would have been fine to prep/coat. I was confused as to the result of the blasting and I can see to why it was stated to be a bad casting, as the valve cover was over 17 years old. I asked another person who powder-coats the e36 valve covers about the results to be told it was in fact a magnesium material, which is why I prepped the valve cover myself to bring it to you guys it get coated.

Also when did I state that I paid more than $250 on the project? There's not a chance I would spend that much as I am a cheap person (thanks to being a 240 owner ). I stated that it was currently over around $100 because of estimated:

$30 for prep/powder
$30 for another valve cover
$10 for paint remover and whatever it was I used to remove the paint
$40 for the hot tanking

When I called to see when I could bring it by, you were going to be closing up. More than appreciatively, an employee gave a phone number and a general area (which I honestly don't remember) to his residence to drop off the valve cover to help me out as I live on the opposite side of Houston. When I was on my way to that area my calls were not answered. But I mean honestly it was understandable as he was probably just doing something else as it was his off time. When you were open and I called again I was told by an employee that it was impossible to be any cheaper than $65. When I asked for the owner to call me (as he was a really nice and professional guy), I was contacted shortly, and when I asked if there was any way that there could be a lowered price, he told me that there would not be a lower price and that they would not provide their service in a less-than-professional tone.

On my way to Pearland to pick up the valve cover, I contacted another powder-coater who was able to provide his service for cheaper with a great outcome as shown here.

I admit my post was a bit rude and unprofessional, but I was in fact very unhappy about the entire situation that occurred in the weeks before this post. I will not wanted any of their service in the future, but by all means if you'd like to after reading the entire situation, do what you please.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #8
sr240

sr240 probable wing man
went to them as well and it was a joke along with two others i know of, the guy jared is a joke.

pm
sr240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
ILLINOIS
ROTARY GURU

ILLINOIS probable wing man
Dayum
ILLINOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #10
gregman
ファックユー

gregman probable wing man
i have a friend Blake that lives in Manvel about 20 mins south of downtown.
with has his own shop family owned.
he has large and small ovens, powder, paint and he does sand blasting and aluminum welding.
Does great quality work for killer prices.
tell him Greg sent you.
here is his only link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Powde...30562847038647
o and mods i am not advertising i am just helping other forum members out to get quality work and not be dicked around.
gregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #11
ILLINOIS
ROTARY GURU

ILLINOIS probable wing man
^ good stuff
ILLINOIS is offline   Reply With Quote