Enjuku Racing

Go Back   Houston240sx.com Forums > Houston240sx.com Off-Topic > Racing Stories

Old 10-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #26
MakotoS13
><>

MakotoS13 probable wing man
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynismo View Post
S14 SR20DET(Moderately Modded) > Genesis V6(Stock) > KA-T(Modded) > Genesis 2.0T(Stock) > S14 KA24DE(Moderately Modded)

These are guesstimates based on power-to-weight ratios and imaginary power specs. A ~300HP SR20DET powered S-chassis will beat a Genesis V6 just due to weight. A KA-T will almost always make the same or more horsepower than the stock Genesis 2.0T with way more torque. A naturally aspirated, fully ported, cammed, built KA24DE may edge out a stock Genesis 2.0T, but realistically how many of those do you see done right?

If you're wondering if the Genesis would make a good replacement for an S14 my opinion is that it wouldn't make a bad one. You get a 21st century chassis and 21st century engineering. They advertise it as a drift/track car. I've yet to hear of them blowing up (probably just a google search away though haha). The S14 still looks good and has swap kits for Chevy LS/LTs, Q45 V8s, SRs, RBs, VQs, and probably a few others. If you're looking for a project car look no further than an S-chassis Nissan!
they've had lots of quality issues with the cars namely with the 6spd trannies. a stock 240 won't be much slower than the heavy 2.0T gen coupe but it wont get raped at all. an Sr'd S14 (in stock form) would be equivalent to the V6 gen coupe and rape the 2.0T model. a modded SR'd S14 would rape them both.

Please raise your voice to stop the murder of children in our state.
http://endabortionnow.com/legislation/

John 3:16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #27
bonerhole
Banned

bonerhole probable wing man
no ones talking about Mustangs
bonerhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #28
i c e

i c e probable wing man
The other day I'm at a stop sign in a 03 rolla then a dude pulls up in a genesis and takes off next to me going same speed as me, which pisses me off so i decelerate and let him go about his way or what ever but then he hits his break. At this point I'm like really dude you want to race a 03 rolla. so i punch it and the rolla actually surprised me got to like 4k rpm but the genesis slams it and gets a little in front of me before he slams his break because there is a bump in the road from dumb road construction i didnt care i just hit it.

anyway he would have totally kicked my ass but the bump made him slow down, i think a ka-t vs a genesis would be a good race
1989 Hatchy- Track Bitch
07 Haro F2- Two Wheel Hoe
i c e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #29
Bubbles

Bubbles probable wing man
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynismo View Post
I'll be the first to say I would love a Genesis as a daily. I'd probably go with a 2.0T Track model. The SR20DET has taught us they have potential .
the 2.0T is a torque monster.. there have been multiple builds i have follow where with a few modifications they are making 240-250ish hp and 300 ft lbs of torque

That and I'm a chick, the pussy knows how to lay the smackdown.
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #30
MakotoS13
><>

MakotoS13 probable wing man
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonerhole View Post
no ones talking about Mustangs
what an astute observation. im so glad that you pointed that out. if we hadn't had that incredibly insightful post i think this thread might've caved in on itself so i just want to give you a big "thanks" from everyone. i mean, you really saved the day here. nobody is talking about mustangs (except for you) and you totally called it.

good job!

back to the thread:
if they made the genesis about 300lbs lighter it'd be a totally different ballgame.

Please raise your voice to stop the murder of children in our state.
http://endabortionnow.com/legislation/

John 3:16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote