Houston240sx.com Forums  
Enjuku Racing

Go Back   Houston240sx.com Forums > Houston240sx.com > Media > Member's Rides

Old 01-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #251
vIn@dRiFt@"
xXTHE HUDZXx

vIn@dRiFt@" probable wing man
Erick has had the same ka with upgraded suspension for a while and he is always out there kicking ass at ggp. I don't think it's tooooo expensive.

Don't Cross Me Betch!!!
vIn@dRiFt@" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:12 PM   #252
young simba
ayy lmao

young simba probable wing man
Quote:
Originally Posted by vIn@dRiFt@" View Post
Erick has had the same ka with upgraded suspension for a while and he is always out there kicking ass at ggp. I don't think it's tooooo expensive.
he dont drift on the streets. tho
young simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #253
stuntmanmike
Banned

stuntmanmike probable wing man
Quote:
Originally Posted by s!lv!a View Post
Well, drifting isn't new by any means.. Maybe new to you but for a lot of OG's on the forum, the scene was a lot bigger back in like 05-07 lol. And even then, drifting still wasn't new.. Anyhow just keep building your car and posting updates. The more pics the better. You've got a big community trying to help out now so your car should be driveable in no time.
Man thanks and thanks to every one for there help..ill return it in someway. so now pics
So you already know we got the body parts on. Also got some front wheels some may have seen before here.

Another ice bath for her...finish removing the left over material.

Removed the rest of the ac stuff as well

Going to start cleaning the motor this afternoon and maybe a lil after work.
Thanks H240...going to be fun either way.
stuntmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:51 PM   #254
stuntmanmike
Banned

So were closing the shop at 1:00 bitter sweet. Bad for buisness good for Phoenix. I'm be working on her at the shop to at least 4. If any one in the area wants to come talk see the car. Or use a lift or oil change bays. Or air. For there car. Pm me for a dress its by Westimer and dairy ashford.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #255
stuntmanmike
Banned

A little update. W more questions. Spent like 2 hrs yesterday trying to break the egr loose. i figured better stop before just becomes an unturnable circle. The old school mechanic we got gave me a hand

Tried all the diff plugs on hand couldnt find one that fits. Ended thinking of putting a coin in then just put old one. Should work right?

Got the butterfly valves out. i been using the link from cop dodger thanks

What wasnt clear was what to do with the left over holes?

I think should plug this one.

I think these should be fine?
Old 01-29-2014, 05:39 PM   #256
WileCyot

WileCyot probable wing man
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmanmike View Post
Tried all the diff plugs on hand couldnt find one that fits. Ended thinking of putting a coin in then just put old one. Should work right?

I think should plug this one.
I have always just used a vicegrip to remove those if they're seized up like that or take a torch and heat it all up, then carefully take a cup of water and "shock" the bolt. What this will do is cause it to rapidly shrink and break the bond that has formed between the outer and the inner and allow you to turn the inner. The outer will still be expanded from heating with the torch. The more you know.

The nickle trick is Standard Operating Procedure. It'll be just fine.

Also, just make a template for the butterfly piece out of some 1/16" sheet metal, use some RTV and seal it up. If that doesn't work just plug it or weld the hole up. Either or. I'm not sure if you have access to or the ability to TIG weld aluminum.
WileCyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:47 PM   #257
stuntmanmike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileCyot View Post
I have always just used a vicegrip to remove those if they're seized up like that or take a torch and heat it all up, then carefully take a cup of water and "shock" the bolt. What this will do is cause it to rapidly shrink and break the bond that has formed between the outer and the inner and allow you to turn the inner. The outer will still be expanded from heating with the torch. The more you know.

The nickle trick is Standard Operating Procedure. It'll be just fine.

Also, just make a template for the butterfly piece out of some 1/16" sheet metal, use some RTV and seal it up. If that doesn't work just plug it or weld the hole up. Either or. I'm not sure if you have access to or the ability to TIG weld aluminum.
Ok but the holes between the intake ports should be ok? And no id prob be better using Jb weld lmao.i have not found a welder in my little circle yet. Still seeing if i know somebody that knows somebody.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #258
s!lv!a

s!lv!a probable wing man
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmanmike View Post
Ok but the holes between the intake ports should be ok? And no id prob be better using Jb weld lmao.i have not found a welder in my little circle yet. Still seeing if i know somebody that knows somebody.
The holes between runners are fine as long as they don't go through the outside of the manifold. If all they do is connect the runners, no problem.

'07 Z33 SMB
'95 S14 SE / Kouki
s!lv!a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #259
stuntmanmike
Banned

cool thanks. hopefully more updates soon.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:08 PM   #260
stuntmanmike
Banned

O yeah got motor on stand i borrowed and what not. Been spraying with degreaser and scrubing with a toothbrush sized wire brush. lol busy work. Wish i could use some brake clean. but owner been rationing it.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:36 PM   #261
copdodger
solo

copdodger probable wing man
I would use some jb weld to close them holes on the intake runners, i guess it really doesn't matter, you could also just put the rod back through. The egr pipe on the exhaust, just hack it off and weld something over top of it . If you can't, I can bring my little bullshit welder and close it up when I get my stand. Make sure and plug to egr on the back of the intake manifold like WileCyot said. If you need other help with vacuum or whatever, lmk. In the process of reviewing installing my sohc, so bounce questions if you have any
Old 02-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #262
stuntmanmike
Banned

Old 02-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #263
stuntmanmike
Banned

No updates yet..have some parts coming blah blah... But quick question, so looking for a inline fuel pump...need to know what lph i need? Running stock injectors for now.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #264
98greenkouki

98greenkouki probable wing man
why? just use stock in tank replacement pump.

They say the frequency of the 1JZ can be heard by deaf people from a few miles away, think "dog whistle".
98greenkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #265
stuntmanmike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98greenkouki View Post
why? just use stock in tank replacement pump.
No tank present. Prob just going to go fuel cell. No point in doing it twice....For example no battery in car or battery wires. So to me makes sense to skip oe and go straight for rear battery set up. Why do it twice. Some things my budget dont allow. But fuel cell. pump. Alternator, Ignition, safty items i think going reliable even if little more would be better. just my .02, while im here
http://www.houston240sx.com/showthre...26#post1013826

Last edited by stuntmanmike; 02-10-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #266
stuntmanmike
Banned

Got the harness and fuel rail..Harness conects to ecu i already had so good there. rail only came with two 240 injectors. But 4 other ones. im going to clean those identify them. See if i can use them or trade for what i need. Now i have this. Ill prob be mocking the motor and trans in this week. that way i can run the harness. And wiith the motor,trans,diff, all that i have on the car. Will be WAY easier to identify what im missing, hard ware and little things
Old 02-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #267
rofflehouse
Im Sleepy

rofflehouse probable wing man
Fk yes
Old 02-12-2014, 03:25 PM   #268
PacS14
Kouki Daily

PacS14 probable wing man
I think I have some injectors of a kade, I will check and see if I can find them. Can you google and see if they will work with a kae?

EDIT: Nevermind those are top feed kade are side feed.

Last edited by PacS14; 02-12-2014 at 03:27 PM.
PacS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:28 PM   #269
XMcEvilson
█▓▓▒▒░░▒▒▓▓█

XMcEvilson probable wing man
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacS14 View Post
I think I have some injectors of a kade, I will check and see if I can find them. Can you google and see if they will work with a kae?
Negative
XMcEvilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:16 PM   #270
stuntmanmike
Banned

This should work lol..
Old 02-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #271
vIn@dRiFt@"
xXTHE HUDZXx

vIn@dRiFt@" probable wing man
Ewwwwwwww kakita Green

Don't Cross Me Betch!!!
vIn@dRiFt@" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #272
stuntmanmike
Banned

So long 4 hrs lol. First time ever dropping motor in. ended up having to do alone. Took 4hrs broke some shit, Cut half a nail off somehow, im like 3 shades darker from dirt lol.. Any way here is my long story for little outcome. lmao first time learned some things I think, So keep in mind I never done this and I had no idea where to start, figured it out as I went. For a while I could only get on one side at a time on the mount bolt. Just seemed like the motor was twisted a little wrong. I tried moving the chain moving the hoist. I even tried to jack one side of the car up after havig one side set in. To hopefully rotate one side of car up into mount hole..... ended up takng the 4 bolts on each mount loose at block to give me some play...that plus spirited shaking and jggling the motor it fnaly fell Into place. But striped out a exaust stud from head. and scratched valce cover a good bit....

I picked up some random brackets and oe fan and some ps stuff.

Also got some s14 seat belts

I always end up w free shoppng cart wings.....good for wall taps I guess lol

Last edited by stuntmanmike; 03-09-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #273
stuntmanmike
Banned

I still have a TON of stuff to do and get. basically dedicating everyday till the event till 9-10 pm to getting it done. No women no bs. So lets see what happens...
Old 03-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #274
stuntmanmike
Banned

Back to her. Had a fun weekend but I need my bitch done. ... so today work on installing the fuel stuff. Next couple weeks need to get out to Gary and ias and rummage through there stuff. Cool people offered to help. Heard Randal gor some points.. hes a cool guy hope he does well. Now lets see if I can drive at rd 2
Old 03-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #275
Munki

Munki probable wing man
Dude, ditch that wing....

PM me your number, I made a big ass carbon fiber wing we can put on your car!

Tags
build for 2017 season, cu ond mental racetrack, didyoucheckyourstarter?, driving god, go get it!!, going nowhere fast build, handycap mafia recruit, imagination!!!!!!!, lacerated scrotum, new gwar?!?!?!?, penis in my butt, put up or shut up time!!, rickybobby, scrodum itch, stuntman, team partytarp