Houston240sx.com Forums  
Enjuku Racing

Go Back   Houston240sx.com Forums > Houston240sx.com > Tech Discussion > General Maintenance

Old 06-19-2014, 11:16 PM   #1
s!lv!a

s!lv!a probable wing man
5 speed swap questions.

Ok I'm 95% done with my 5 speed swap, everything is done but the wiring. Every write up I find on the swap is using the auto ECU and a modified auto lower harness. I however have a stock 5 speed ECU as well as a stock 5 speed lower harness. I'm trying to make everything plug and play like factory and I THINK if I had a 5 speed fuse box, I should be able to just plug everything in and run it like it came like that from the factory correct? Can anyone shed some light on this?

I also want a working clutch pedal start instead of using a jumper on the auto fuse box. Has anyone ever done this? And I had to unplug this box to install my clutch pedal and now the box doesn't fit under the dash where it once was. Does anyone know what this box is??

'07 Z33 SMB
'95 S14 SE / Kouki
s!lv!a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:55 AM   #2
Z31Gary

Z31Gary probable wing man
be creative and dont make it harder than it seems.. run your clutch safety switch between the 2 wire "jumper" plug on fusebox in the bay and youll have to do nothing else as far as ecu. the box just trim back a little bit of the wrapping on the pigtail and reloacte where you can find space. tuck it above heater vent plumbing for example
Z31Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:47 AM   #3
s!lv!a

s!lv!a probable wing man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z31Gary View Post
be creative and dont make it harder than it seems.. run your clutch safety switch between the 2 wire "jumper" plug on fusebox in the bay and youll have to do nothing else as far as ecu. the box just trim back a little bit of the wrapping on the pigtail and reloacte where you can find space. tuck it above heater vent plumbing for example
But does that box need to be plugged in? I can't even figure out what it is.. And I know all I need is the jumper to make it run but I also need my 5th gear switch and reverse lights functional. I know how to make everything work, but I want to do it like oem, not "cut this, splice that, jump this". I want factory plug and play. The car isn't a daily driver so I don't mind spending extra time to make it perfect.

'07 Z33 SMB
'95 S14 SE / Kouki
Old 06-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #4
XMcEvilson
█▓▓▒▒░░▒▒▓▓█

XMcEvilson probable wing man
why would you even want that annoying clutch safety swtich
XMcEvilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:50 AM   #5
Killa_D
waht RB

Killa_D watch out ebayKilla_D watch out ebay
I for one just didn't care about the clutch pedal switch and the lower 5 speed hardness just plugs up. If I remember right the only thing I even cared about was the speed sensor. In texas is not required to have reverse lights so that was one less thing to mess with. The other sensor are 1 gear and 5 gear or something like that, that really don't do shit lol...

NEED A HIGH PRESSURE P/S LINE Click the link:

http://www.houston240sx.com/showthre...850#post878850

Last edited by Killa_D; 06-20-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Killa_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #6
s!lv!a

s!lv!a probable wing man
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMcEvilson View Post
why would you even want that annoying clutch safety swtich
I want my car to function like oem. Just a personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_D View Post
I for one just didn't care about the clutch pedal switch and the lower 5 speed hardness just plugs up. If I remember right the only thing I even cared about was the speed sensor. In texas is not required to have reverse lights so that was one less thing to mess with. The other sensor are 1 gear and 5 gear or something like that, that really don't do shit lol...
Yeah everything plugs up, just gotta run a jumper harness to start the car. But I also want to have reverse lights, they actually do help at night for me. Also I just want everything to function like factory like I said before. It's just what I prefer.

'07 Z33 SMB
'95 S14 SE / Kouki
Old 06-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #7
dragonWraith
uroboros

dragonWraith probable wing man
Lol all my cars are factory 5 speed and every one of them I bypassed the safety switch. I never leave my car in gear nor does anyone drive my cars. The only swap I preformed didn't have any switches or jumpers. heck in 72 no one even used an ecu. but I can understand not wanting to rig every thing to work then have to diagnose it later. Huge headache

72 s30 r.i.p.
91 rps13 r.i.p.
87 ae86 sold
95 s14 project
dragonWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #8
s!lv!a

s!lv!a probable wing man
^^ thank you sir. Lol, finally someone understands. If I make it plug and play just like it came from the factory, I keep it clean and stock and easy to diagnose if any problems arise.

'07 Z33 SMB
'95 S14 SE / Kouki
Old 06-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #9
NosEnergy88

NosEnergy88 probable wing man
Hey man im fixing to do a 5 speed swap on my s14 and was wondering whad thread orvwrite up you would recommend , thanks

much poor.such struggle.

NosEnergy88 is offline   Reply With Quote