Houston240sx.com Forums  
Enjuku Racing

Go Back   Houston240sx.com Forums > Meets & Events > Drift > Drift Stickies

Old 01-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #1
Mikespeed95

Exclamation H240 Drift Tech

This was in relation to a Grand Sport Speedway event booked early January 2006, that David Zubiak of GSS cancelled 2 days before event was suppost to happen due to his inability to manage a facility properly. But this is a good rule of thumb to have a fun hassle-free day of drifting almost anywhere in the US, and make it home to post on here about it.

Vehicle:

These tech rules are made to satisfy our insurance, track venue, and most importantly have a safe, injury free event if something goes wrong on track.

- All lugnuts must be present, and albe to withstand at least 55 ft/lb of torque. Lugnuts must make at least 5 full rotations on the stud before becoming snug. Anything less than this is not safe, and not acceptable.

- Battery must be securely bolted/tied down. Battery terminals should be taped over.

- Throttle return spring (where applicable) must be in proper and working order.

- Cooling/Oiling systems must be leak free, and properly bolted down/secure.

- No major fluid leaks.

- All bearings, ball joints, bushings must be in proper working order. Worn items with excess play will not be allowed.

- It is recommended not to use bent/broke wheels, or powdercoated aluminum wheels. They will be allowed on the rear with our permission.

- Tires must not show any chord. If Metal Chord is showing you will be asked to replace your tires. Fiberglass/Nylon chord will be reviewed by a staff member for approval, but is not reccomended.

- Braking systems must be in good working order. Cracked/leaking brake lines, master cylinders or seized calipers or pads with no meat on them will not be allowed.

- Engines with excess knock or engines designated as blown by staff will not be allowed on track.

- Windsheild must be present, no excess cracking allowed. Any missing windows on vehicle must have all glass shards removed and properly cleaned up.

- Headlights, Brake lights, and Emergency lights must work on all vehicles.

- Windows (if applicable) must be able to be in the down position while on track. Any vechicle that cannot lower the Drivers side window will not be allowed on track.

- Filming equipment must be BOLTED DOWN or secure. This is including but not limited to: Video Cameras, Cameraphones, Photo Cameras, etc. Bolted down/properly tied down media equipment = okay. Handheld = not okay.

Vehicle/Driver Safety Tech

- All seatbelts for occupants must be present and in 100% working order. We will not allow any form of a 4 point harness, or "racing" harnesses that are less than 2.5'' thick. All non-stock racing harnesses must be 5 or 6 point, a minimum of 2.5'' width, and PROPERLY installed. Stock belts are okay, but must be in complete working order, and in its entirety.

- Driver or passenger (if applicable) seats must be securely and completely bolted or welded down. No movement shoudl be present in any occupied seat during tech, or the car will not be allowed on track.

- Aftermarket "racing" pedals that are not secure will be removed

- Anything not bolted down inside the engine, passenger, and trunk compartment will be removed. This is including but not limited to Floormats, Radar Detectors, Clamp on mirrors, Stereo Eqipment etc.

- Close toed shoes are required. No flip flops or sandals of any form allowed.

- Helmets must be DOT approved, and in good condition. No bicycle, football, hockey, ninja, skateboard or construction helmets will be allowed.

- If car is equipped with a Rollbar of any form;
Snell approved helmet is required.
Padding must be on cage anywhere within 12'' (one foot) of the seat/driver.
Properly installed racing harnesses are reccommended, but not required.
Welds on rollbar must be safe and done properly. Unsafe/sketchy welds will not be allowed on track.

- Convertibles must be equipped with
Rollbar of some sort. "style" bars are NOT acceptable. Preferably 4 points or better.
Arm restraints. Convertible Drivers are reccommended to have some sort of harness to keep arms inside the vehicle in case of an accident.
Door mounted seatbelts are not allowed, even if they are OEM Equipment.

Last edited by Mikespeed95; 03-26-2010 at 03:48 AM. Reason: deleting the Rules and making more into guidelines.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:27 AM   #2
Krimlin
Adminimod

Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Mike!
ADiamond

Krimlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:33 AM   #3
wreks14
FAIL SAUCE!!

wreks14 probable wing man
So are you goin to be the tech guy on Sunday?

i love my POS!

IM NOT DOWN
wreks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:36 AM   #4
Krimlin
Adminimod

Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!Krimlin HAS A POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!
Post date - 01-30-2006, 07:21 PM

[FAIL]

jk, I asked him to help out the newbies and give them an idea what to look forward to in tech and general prepping of their cars
ADiamond

Krimlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:37 AM   #5
Mikespeed95

2006. krimlin asked for some drift threads.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:40 AM   #6
wreks14
FAIL SAUCE!!

wreks14 probable wing man
Lol. It said edited by mikespeed at 3 something am today.

i love my POS!

IM NOT DOWN
wreks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:49 AM   #7
Mikespeed95

yeah i deleted all the "contact tech director mikespeed" crap because i don't wanna answer 100 stupid emails a day with people asking things like

a) my battery isnt tied down and i'm too stupid to consider the fact that when it goes flying my car is made out of metal and metal conducts electricity so why do i have to have it tied down?

b) everyone at GSS with at least 4/5 of their lugnuts didn't lose wheels, why is 3 not okay?

c) china demos don't use seatbelts, why so strict?

d) how do i get a pro license

e) will the healthcare reform pay for my cars repairs? i'm unemployed and smoke pot, but i have a "shop" in my parents driveway where i do "fabrication" do i qualify?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
jackasspyro2
I fuck cats

jackasspyro2 Its up in the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimlin View Post
Thanks Mike!
way to be a noob and bring back old threads!
jackasspyro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
XMcEvilson
█▓▓▒▒░░▒▒▓▓█

XMcEvilson probable wing man

Last edited by XMcEvilson; 11-18-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: oops wrong thread
XMcEvilson is offline   Reply With Quote