Houston240sx.com Forums  
Enjuku Racing

Go Back   Houston240sx.com Forums > Sponsors Marketplace > Sponsor Reviews

Old 10-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
sep_se7en
yuck fou

sep_se7en probable wing man
pure dissapointment..

Sadly enough ive had a very sorry experience with one of our site sponsors, CMS performance. Let me start off by saying this: ive bought many parts and have been a supporter of cms ever since i found out about them. I have sent a few friends to them as well because leo and george are really cool, upfront guys. Thats how it seemed at least. Heres the story-

last monday (september 26) i called leo up at cms because i suspected my oil feed line to be faulty or leaky. leo said there was one customer in front of me, a turbo silverado which "needed some work". okay, cool. so i was told to bring my vehicle in the next day. I drop my car off tuesday morning around 8:30 AM before i had to go to work. I did not recieve any call tuesday, nor wednesday (as a legitimate shop [this goes to any shop] i feel it is mostly professional to call and keep your customers updated). Finally after i call many times, i get a hold of them late wednesday afternoon. To me, the way i was talked to on the phone it seemed as if my car hadnt truley been looked at. they went on to tell me that it would basically take another day to get my car done. so thursday comes around and i get a call from cms saying my car is ready for pickup. i was pumped because its my daily and i work 6 days a week. kind of hard not having a car. i go to cms and i am billed $211 and x amount of cents. the only work that was done to my car was (yes it is my fault) they removed teflon tape from my fitting going into my turbo from the oil feed line! i realize there was some work involved, removing the manifold, etc. but really??? 200 dollars??? thats besides the point. the shop also tried doing my a favor, free of charge, by relocating my coolant lines. it was really nice of them to do, however, the guy who re routed them convieniently routed them to where they were touching my exhaust manifold (i didnt find this out till later). so we go outside to fire up my car to make sure it was not leaking oil. i crank it and it starts up as it should, i walk over to my engine bay and i hear a slight knocking. i know leo saw the confused look on my face because before i said anything he said "you're just a little low on oil. about a quart." so i was like alright whatever...my main focus was on the oil leak. so everything seemed good as im driving off aside from a burning scent. i thought maybe it was just some oil on my block from the leak that was slowly burning off. well i am on cavalcade making my way back to 45N. the second i get on the freeway from the on ramp my car is millimeters away from the H on my temp gauge. im freaking the fuck out so i take the first exit i can and call up cms. they answerd the second time i tried to call and they told me they probably did not put enough coolant back in my system. luckily enough i was right in front of a fiesta. put some water in my radiator and drove it very lightly home. it got a little warm at the stop lights (the fourth line on the temp gauge from the bottom) but whatever. i popped the hood when i got home to let the motor cool. after it cooled down i went examined to see if there was any leaks, etc. i see smoke comming from under my manifold...turns out it was that coolant line that was relocated for me. had a whole burned right through it..who woulda thunk? so this starts to get me a little pissed off. while looking around i noticed it appeard that my brake mc had been removed?? i guess to get my manifold off but that wasnt really necessary. one of the nuts holding the mc on was gone, and the other nut was barely threaded on there and the sensor was not even plugged back in. i was frustrated so i closed the hood for the night. the next morning (yesterday-friday) i go and temporarily ghetto rig the burned coolant line. i crank it up to make sure it doesnt leak and all i could hear was that knock. louder now, obviously. i checked the oil level and it was pretty much perfectly between high and low. i figured id top it off a bit to see if that did anything. nope. sounded like cylinder 1 rod knock no doubt. ive never experienced rod knock though so im not completely sure...but my friend agrees with me. so im contemplating what the fuck may have happend. my motor was 100% sure NOT KNOCKING when it entered the shop. i know this. i take care of and baby the shit out of my motor. so i called cms, and was very civil with george on the phone. i asked him politely to please tell me if something may have happend to my car when it was there. he told me he honestly didnt work on my car but he would arrange a meeting and then get back to me. about 15 minutes later i get a call and leo is on the phone. i try to explain the situation to him and he kept cutting me off, and telling me to try this and that. and he kept asking what i was "implying". i simply said that my car had no knock when it came into the shop and now it does. he basically did not want to hear it and did not admit to anything and left me dry. now, im stuck with no daily driver and no money.
sep_se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
sep_se7en
yuck fou

sep_se7en probable wing man
this is not a hate thread on cms or a do not go to cms thread.

this is just a warning to potential customers....
because between the time of drop off and the time of pickup, someone fucked my shit up
sep_se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
CMSperformance
retail sales

CMSperformance probable wing man
WOW really matt............????

first and foremost i did not keep cutting you off on the phone...i am a very straight shooter and hate bullshitting around im to old for that.. you just kept saying there was a problem but never cowboyed up and said what you THOUGHT we did..... thats why i kept asking you what you were implying???

i wanted you to say what was on your mind BECAUSE...........we did not drive your car around and i know for sure because guess what? i test drive cars personally not anyone els in the shop. We @ CMS are NOT crooked like that to fu@# shit up and not own up to it. anyone that has come here can tell you that we are very honest and proud of that. that is what makes us differ from others.

one thing that was our fault was the loose nut on the MC. and we apologize for that

Now dude since the first day you came here we have helped you out so much and you say you have gave us so much work???? that is wrong im not saying we dont appriciate your bizz but come on dude you have always come in on a budget and we have strive to help you get on the road again right. remeber all the dang couplers that you kept on returning for credit bla bla bla..in all reality we should not do that under our store policie but hey guess what.... we still did to help you get your car running
it almost like you were borrowing them then returning them.but we did not care and over looked that for you.

now i understand your a young dude but really this review??
you jus got done telling me how you dont make that much money at your job... and guess what we always take that into concideration.

DUDE when we went outside to do the walkthrough i told you the coolant lines needed to be fixed they were ran like that befor it came in you were just lucky enough not to have them melted befor it got to us. it happed after.
right befor you left i even went back inside and grab you a set of stinless steel braided coolant lines and gave them to you free of charge because i knew you said money was tight.. those lines cost a nice chunk of change used or not my heart was in trhe right place to help a younger customer get his car rolling right.

im sorry your car is giving you problems but please dont blame CMS because you assume we did it. we DID NOT DRIVE YOUR CAR AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we fixed your leaking problem and your car was put outside for pick up.also you said " im ready to go out sliding" right befor you left right?? HMM?

we had your cars for a couple days well i hate to break it to you man thats just how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

i really dont want to take this that persoal but c'mon man we have always helped you out. and this is how you repay us it feels like a E-bitch slap...... anyone that has come here will tell you that is not the CMS way we do not work like that.

all in all im just hurt over anything els since you always work with me and i always build a great repore with my customers and thave tried to take care of you so much when you needed it .
then i just log on and see this...................................

if you have any question come see me personally.
Retail store/service/fab work
713-695-1197
CMSperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
crazy_kat_matt

crazy_kat_matt probable wing man
Why does he not have every right to blame you, the shop that worked on his car, for rod knock when it clearly didn't have Rod knock. (no offense to matt) he may not know a shit ton about cars, but anyone knows when they hear rod knock, considering the amount he drives guys car, i'm pretty sure he knows his ow vehicle and the sounds it makes. It's low class shops like you that don't take responsibility when you fuck up. Everyone makes mistakes, man the fuck up and take responsibility for your actions. I hate to bring back the dead but what do you think happened to mikespeeds favorite shop?

footnote: nut up or shut up
crazy_kat_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
s!lv!a

s!lv!a probable wing man
^^^ damn homie you came in hot on that one.. Lol

How about starting with this, MATT or CMS, was this issue ever resolved? If so, how was it taken care of?

'07 Z33 SMB
'95 S14 SE / Kouki
s!lv!a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
95s14

95s14 probable wing man
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_kat_matt View Post
Why does he not have every right to blame you, the shop that worked on his car, for rod knock when it clearly didn't have Rod knock. (no offense to matt) he may not know a shit ton about cars, but anyone knows when they hear rod knock, considering the amount he drives guys car, i'm pretty sure he knows his ow vehicle and the sounds it makes. It's low class shops like you that don't take responsibility when you fuck up. Everyone makes mistakes, man the fuck up and take responsibility for your actions. I hate to bring back the dead but what do you think happened to mikespeeds favorite shop?

footnote: nut up or shut up

First off i was the first person to speak to Matt when his "overheating issue" occured. When i spoke to him on the phone i reiterated " hey bro if theres any way to get the car back here please do im not going to leave you dry the last thing i want is an unhappy customer and we dont do buisness like that". Instead of trying to bring the vehicle back he decided to try and "limp" it home in his exact words. This is a really old issue but i will not stand back and hear you bash about something you dont know FACTS about. Continue to base your opinion and compare us to other shops that failed by hear say and not facts. Either way this one issue has not affected our buisness nor will it in the future.
95s14 is offline   Reply With Quote