Houston240sx.com Forums

Houston240sx.com Forums (http://www.houston240sx.com/index.php)
-   Houston Lounge (http://www.houston240sx.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Harvey roll call (http://www.houston240sx.com/showthread.php?t=73422)

MakotoS13 08-28-2017 11:11 AM

Harvey roll call
 
You guys doin okay? We're still high and dry by the grace of God.

240sxorty 08-28-2017 10:30 PM

Safe and sound. house is dry.

MakotoS13 08-31-2017 09:05 AM

maybe h240 really is dead :(

MJDalton 08-31-2017 04:54 PM

Safe in Atascosita :)

copdodger 09-01-2017 07:35 AM

high and dry in spring. 3 bad floods in 3 years..... made it out okay.

SnafuPossum 09-05-2017 12:19 AM

Made it through, been going nonstop since last Saturday though because of the storm.

rawgarage 09-06-2017 09:10 PM

Glad all is well

Munki 09-07-2017 03:16 PM

My racecar and the wifes car got flooded, my blue is300 is good though...

MakotoS13 09-09-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJDalton (Post 1044561)
Safe in Atascosita :)

us too. we're near timber forest and 1960 in the oaks. where are you?

dekansnowman 09-14-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakotoS13 (Post 1044558)
You guys doin okay? We're still high and dry by the grace of God.

Or by low tide coming in to relieve standing waters and designs done by engineers for this very reason.


But yea, I'm good. Got some cool pics and drone footage of my neighborhood. Water got REALLY close to my front door.

MakotoS13 09-16-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekansnowman (Post 1044567)
Or by low tide coming in to relieve standing waters and designs done by engineers for this very reason.

all things God made and sustains :D

rofflehouse 09-20-2017 02:02 PM

Here, got a bit of water under the shingles but nothing from the ground up.

gregman 09-22-2017 08:52 AM

almost lost my frs.
garage got like 3" but nothing was damaged.

MJDalton 09-22-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakotoS13 (Post 1044566)
us too. we're near timber forest and 1960 in the oaks. where are you?

Pretty close :D Also in the Oaks, Upper Lake and Oak Briar. Across the street from the school

dekansnowman 09-24-2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakotoS13 (Post 1044568)
all things God made and sustains :D

I can't take anything you say now on this topic seriously considering how much you used to troll people a few years ago. All I can think of now when you say these things are Red Foxx in Harlem Nights when he said, "You know that's some mean pussy to make a man change gods."

xmajd92 09-25-2017 12:57 AM

Just been given a flooded vert '93 S13
 
Hi ladies and gents!

I've recently been given the chance to build a 1992 Nissan 240SX S13 Vert. A friend had given it to me, unfortunately, due to her not wanting to deal with the aftermath that Harvey had caused to her precious Silvia down here. I decided to take the reigns and bring her back to life!

When I first towed the car to my house, I had inspected obvious flood damage. Water was still inside the vehicle. I did what I could and used shammy towels and a large plastic cup to remove as much water as possible that night as I do not have anything to siphon the water out easily. The following day I had put the top down under the sun to dry up whatever moisture remained as much as possible.

I had gutted the car of its panels, seats, and carpet. There is still water where the top sits and I don't want to destroy the top to get rid of the water so for now it'll sit there. Now, I'm currently working on getting the car to breathe and run again.

The battery was dead so I replaced that. After replacing the battery, I tried to crank the car but wouldn't turn. Replaced the starter and that fixed the clicking issue. I checked the spark plugs and they looked burnt out so I also went ahead and replaced those. I got a new MAF sensor as well seeing as how the sensor, even if disassembled, couldn't be accessed to clean the corrosion. So now the car turns and cranks but won't start.

I have done what a YouTube mechanic does and looked up ways to remedy this. I have found that I have no spark, nor does the fuel rails have any gasoline flowing through as I pulled a hose out and nothing but the hint of gasoline but no sign gasoline. So then I decided I'd inspect all the relays and harnesses. By the way, I don't hear the gasoline priming when the ignition is on the 'ON' position.

Some relays/harnesses and fuses still wet, some corroded, and/or rusted so I opened, dried them, and cleaned them as much as I could. I popped open the ECU and the Cruise Control boards and notice they're both fried so I'm in need of a replacement. I hope that is what will resolve my issue regarding getting the car to start. I have tried the starting fluid method, I have adjusted the distributor timing, and I don't know what else to do but to look for an ECU to match my '93 automatic transmission convertible S13.

If anybody has any input I would greatly appreciate it (I probably have done some things you guys suggest but can't think of right now). I know this must have been an eyesore as this is a pretty long introductory post but I felt I should lay out what my situation has been for this car so far. I would really want to get the car running again, swap to a manual transmission, and build a road course track car as I am apart of Team Driven x Blessed LLC! We are track oriented organization and would like this build to be apart of our endeavors!

PS - For anyone in the Houston or surrounding areas interested in participating in one of our track events please PM me! We are currently accepting experienced road course drivers. Our next event is October 12, 2017!

MakotoS13 09-30-2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekansnowman (Post 1044583)
I can't take anything you say now on this topic seriously considering how much you used to troll people a few years ago. All I can think of now when you say these things are Red Foxx in Harlem Nights when he said, "You know that's some mean pussy to make a man change gods."

I don't blame you because I was a foolish child that held little regard for what actually mattered.
The fact of the matter, though, is that the One who gives us breath every day is the same One to whom we will all give an account. We all owe and my debt is paid. Yours can be, too.

dekansnowman 10-06-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakotoS13 (Post 1044599)
I don't blame you because I was a foolish child that held little regard for what actually mattered.
The fact of the matter, though, is that the One who gives us breath every day is the same One to whom we will all give an account. We all owe and my debt is paid. Yours can be, too.

Yea, just don't assume those roles on me, though. Belief is a powerful thing, but just because you believe doesn't mean you're right. The only ones who know what's after can't come back and tell us. Getting indoctrinated into one ideology and spreading the word is one step above trying a new burger joint and telling everyone else what they've been eating is garbage. Mycah does that with just about everything. We have a name for it, it's called #Tuckering.

_LJ_ 10-06-2017 10:00 PM

IT was Pretty close here in Atascocita North...im on the far back road,Dawn Mist Dr...I was watching the river creep towards the wall they build( my backyard fence now). I'll tell you the nights without power, the rumble of the water was made sleep impossible. Those new houses they are building will be screwed on the next flood. i believe them building up the land is the only thing that kept us from flooding! Many Many sleepless nights of standing on a ladder with a light in a rain suit, watching it creep closer. But God pulled through and it didnt get us . It did flood at the water tower down the road.

MakotoS13 10-22-2017 07:37 PM

DUDE, do you know who has that skyline over there?

im literally blocks away on timber forrest in the oaks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.