View Full Version : 2 tec. questions

12-09-2005, 12:39 AM
my 90 ka24e has a grind in the transmission (5 speed) when ever i hold the cluch in at low speed. and when i shift from 1st to 2nd it sounds like i dont know how to drive a stick. i've done alot of things to try to fix the problem including: changing the transmission,cluch pack, pressure plate, through out bearring, gear oil, shifter, and adjusted the cluch peddle, and blead the system. any ideas on what might be the cause of the grinding? and now the 2nd question is there anyone out there who can give me a step by step on resetting the timming on a ka24e after it has jumped, i get a back fire "pop" but no start.

12-09-2005, 11:35 PM
download service manual. read cam timing section and reset it yourself.

as for the tranny, check clutch master and slave cyls... see if they are working properly.

12-12-2005, 08:59 PM
where do i down load a service manual at?

12-12-2005, 09:09 PM

12-29-2005, 12:17 PM
that site is confusing????

12-29-2005, 12:19 PM
who has vac. diagrams 4 a ka24de?

01-07-2006, 12:15 AM
The grinding noise is probably pieces of synchronizer that has broken off from years of maybe wear but probably abuse the only way to fix the (clutch in low speed) grind is to pull the trans take it apart and clean the pieces out and the only way to fix the 1-2 shift is replace the sincro That is lying in the bottom of your transmission (in other words rebuild it). Sincros are brass rings that look like gears themselves there purpose is to help the drive and driven gears mesh at speed. They will last for a good while but in these jap cars a few good power shifts and they are laying in the bottom of the trans. in pieces

02-01-2006, 07:41 PM
the grinding is the lack of a pilot bearing or bushing sence the motor came from an automatic and had a t-converter on it , it did not have that bushing/bearing in it.

02-05-2006, 07:32 PM
missing puzzle piece

02-05-2006, 09:46 PM
but in these jap cars a few good power shifts and they are laying in the bottom of the trans. in pieces

depends on the on the vehicle, but mostly FWD "jap" cars.

1JZ, 2JZ - all have strong trannies; usually bad driving, mis-shifts that kills them.

KA/SR good to ~400whp (more if you're nice to them)

02-06-2006, 01:09 AM
well jap or not as tight as these things are put together it doesn't take much all sincro's are are brass rings with tiny little teeth on them the trannys may be strong but ive never seen a sincro in a jap tranny survive a whole lot but i also have very high standards for what they should take long live the muncie rock crusher!!