PDA

View Full Version : damn turbo extension and steering colum!

braintumor
11-16-2005, 07:51 PM
so I drop my SR back in last night with the extension on it_motor wont line up? so I take the turbo extension off and it goes in fine. hammer away at the extension(divided 2 tubes) still wont fit? anyone have a pic of theres that they beat the shit outta to fit? and is there any extension desgned to fit usdm cars? fucking pisses me off!!!!

KoukiKA240sx
11-16-2005, 07:56 PM
let me guess, this is an SSA part that is fucking u up? If so then my friend had the same problem on his. So he went back to a greddy elbow and stock manifold. Good luck
~Sam

slideways2004
11-16-2005, 08:11 PM
let me guess, this is an SSA part that is fucking u up? If so then my friend had the same problem on his. So he went back to a greddy elbow and stock manifold. Good luck
~Sam

what he said. the greddy clears and i think the new design of the ssa clears

top_secret
11-16-2005, 09:28 PM
dude I'll have my megan racing one (fits fine) available soon (once my big turbo gets in).

braintumor
11-17-2005, 02:05 AM
^^isnt yours for a CA though? but yeah its an SSA manifold and elbow:( (came with car) so will the greddy one fit w/SSA manifold? or do I need to get a stock/better one? might just be a cheapskate and get the new SSA design:( thanx for the help guys.

KoukiKA240sx
11-17-2005, 02:23 AM
he had to use his stock with the greddy elbow

FbodTrek
11-17-2005, 04:03 AM
Tried installing it after the motor is in? Maybe your BFH isn't Big enough? :p Boy I sure hope mine clears...it isn't SSAC..it's from some local company here in Texas...dunno who :dunno:

braintumor
11-17-2005, 05:58 AM
Ill figure something out, even if I have to smash the fuck outt of it!

drft57pro
11-17-2005, 09:20 AM
i had a megan manifold and extension and it fit fine......good luck

top_secret
11-17-2005, 10:12 AM
the CA extension is the same as the SR (actually the one I'm using is sold as SR) and I'm using SSAC manifold and it fits just fine.

z32gizzle
11-17-2005, 03:56 PM
brain you've got the RHD 240sx that you cut out the original firewall right? If so can you PM i need to ask ya something bro.

FbodTrek
11-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Did ya ever get it in? Arkive told me somthing about it today...
This kinda erks me, mainly becasue I ahve the same elbow, and it's going on a KA...I sure hope that SOB clears the shaft... I really hate to have to chop and weld it :(

braintumor
11-17-2005, 07:47 PM
havnt tried it yet. looked at some of there "revised" elbows on ebay and they say now usdm compatable. the 2nd pipe(wastegate tube) looks more forward and is closer to the exhaust tube on it. so Im gonna try and smash mine close enough to fit. so if I cant get it to fit might just get a new one.

FbodTrek
11-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Ah....that sux. I seen the new ones too...but they don't say anything about the KA's anyhow. I really need a TIG gun, it would so solve both our probs..

top_secret
11-17-2005, 10:16 PM
yeah the 1st gen ones are known to not fit... you may be able to return it to them for an exchange if you paid for it (if not prolly not).

but mine should work too.

braintumor
11-22-2005, 11:30 PM
well I finally beat the hell outta it to fit. the second pipe is almost flat:( but its in there and exhaust is on and it runs! man Aaron u have a fun time ahead of u for fitment(havnt heard if yours fits or not) had pics of it but the damn computer didnt copy it right and they were lost:(

top_secret
11-24-2005, 02:51 AM
isn't the design supposed to isolate the wastegate flow from the main turbo? if so wouldn't hammering it flat make your car extremely suceptible to boost creep?

FbodTrek
11-24-2005, 03:59 AM
well I finally beat the hell outta it to fit. the second pipe is almost flat:( but its in there and exhaust is on and it runs! man Aaron u have a fun time ahead of u for fitment(havnt heard if yours fits or not) had pics of it but the damn computer didnt copy it right and they were lost:(
Oh yeah, actually, mine fit just fine after a little blowtorch persuasion :p I only had to make a minor dent in mine, nothing like what you describe. That's why KADE > SR :p I keed, I keed. :)

braintumor
11-24-2005, 05:54 AM
yeah Im definatly gonna need a new one:(

sir_loin
11-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Brain, I had an SSA manifold and elbow. The flange on the mani where the turbo connects was not at the right angle. It also sat farther away from the block than the stock mani. These two factors made it impossible for me to use the manifold because the downpipe was so far off it was hitting the frame rail. This is why I went with the stock manifold + greddy O2 housing. Fit and finish of the Greddy elbow is 1000% better. I'll never cheap out on anything for my car ever again.

SSA = :ghey

FbodTrek
11-25-2005, 01:53 AM
I certainly wouldn't on an SR either, too many aftermarket choices to buy the cheap stuff. I didn't ahve much choice at the time. The Greddy ones are as much as I paid for my manifold :p

Chuck
11-25-2005, 10:12 AM
the one in my sig is the new megan style.. it was shortened to clear the steering rack, which is probably where yours it hitting..

braintumor
11-26-2005, 03:42 PM
did u get it from megan racing or ebay? and was it for sr swapped cars or ka-t build? have u tried to install it yet?

FbodTrek
11-26-2005, 03:46 PM
By the looks of the one in the sig, it certainly would have cleared my shaft....eww, that sounded kinda gross. But yeah, where is yours hitting at dude? Maybe take a picture of the one you put the hammer to so we can see where it needs to clear? Let em know if you need any help too dude, I got nothing but time this weekend.

braintumor
11-26-2005, 03:53 PM
I think its also partially because the motor bracket was bent from the accident. it sorta hangs to the drivers side a little more. making it hit more, so I had to smash it more:( but I needed it on in a rush to get it started. will fix everything when I can find the parts.