View Full Version : idle probs

11-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Installed the cone filter, now my idle fluctuates, and once, when shifting into nuetral, I fell dead.

When installing the filter, I was instructed to leave not worry about the temp sensor that was on the stock air box.

Did I leave something out? Is that part crucial on nissan vehicles?
(My turbo mazda had one, but it was on the maf)

11-16-2005, 06:59 PM
make sure the maf conection is on good and tight. make sure all vacuum lines are installed correctly.

You may have been lucky and your IACV could start its normal malfuntioning that every KA seems to get at some point in its life. Then its time for carb cleaner through one of the vacuum ports. Not having the temp sensor should not affect anything, it didnt when i did my intake, and still doesnt.

11-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Sorry to whore your thread, but will having a really dirty air filter mess with the idle? :dunno

11-16-2005, 07:49 PM
I would assume that a dirty will make for a dirty MAF which makes the car run dirty. :)

And mopete if you still have your AIV intact, you didnt leave that left alone right? If removed you must cap off the AIV hole or if intact then it must connect to your adapter. Or you could just put your stock back on and sell me the adapter! :)

11-18-2005, 04:43 PM
went ahead an took it back to stock, until i have time to fab up a proper intake setup, if i still have the sohc.