PDA

View Full Version : [LINK] Informative intake manifold thread

productions14
10-30-2005, 08:19 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1399164&page=1

productions14
10-31-2005, 06:47 PM
One guy brings up a pretty strange argument, that a smaller intake plenum is better for turbocharged applications as it is less air to compress, while some argued back that a larger plenum leaves more air readily available for the runners.

A peanut - neither a pea, nor a nut. Discuss.

KoukiKA240sx
10-31-2005, 06:55 PM
im not too sure i know enough about the subject of intake runner length and tank design. But i know that those are not the only things to take into consideration.

Ive been looking at upcomming KA intake manifolds and up untill recently i was losing faith. Everyone was making these large tank short runner manifolds that sent air directly perpendicular to the head. Im sure gains were there but its just a sloppy way to built a manifold to not take into consideration the high port design of the KA head.
~Sam

productions14
10-31-2005, 09:30 PM
yeah finding a proper manifold is kinda tricky... the greddy one for sr's doesn't have velocity stacks, but I don't know what kind of port it has going on to compensate for that. Anybody here have a greddy manifold? If so do you like it, notice any gains, or know what kind of crap around the manifold it simplifies?