View Full Version : suggestions for stupid fucking vaccuum lines

04-19-2005, 11:02 PM
I have a car. I wanted to use some good high quality hoses so I got some blue silicone vaccuum hoses.
Silicone is high temp! silicone is long lasting! right?

fuck I've had more problems with this shitty ass blue silicone hose than I ever have with rubber, it has cracked, melted, expanded, etc, everywhere it possibly could. anyone have any reason why I shouldn't pull it all out and replace it with rubber, or any better suggestions? what are you guys using? this shit sucks.

04-19-2005, 11:16 PM
well i think your reason for replaceing it all can be found in your post. As for whats good better and the problems you have been having. I have both rubber and silicone vacuum lines under my hood, and there is at least 12 ft of lines under my hood. I have silicone hoses connecting to my wastegate with no issues, maybe you got a bad batch?

04-19-2005, 11:24 PM
if I replace it I'm going with rubber...
I dunno, everywhere my silicone goes around like a right angle it is cracking... but its weird, where it goes to my wastegate, right on the turbo, its fine, but where it runs along the firewall like a foot from the turbo it looks like it melted (I replaced that section with rubber and had no other problems, but I don't think its heat, because I drove with that line there the whole way down from WV and it didn't melt then.)

its one of those silicone hose kits, I don't remember the brand name but it wasn't cheap, it was like 25 or 30 bucks...

04-19-2005, 11:35 PM
hmmm, well right angles are not good for any hose. But im at a loss as to why you are having issues.

04-26-2005, 08:44 AM
autozone does not sell silicone hose

04-26-2005, 09:01 AM
yes they do.

04-26-2005, 09:05 AM
thats what i thought. thats why they are realy low quality i had the same problem.. its the cheap ass hose.. get quality and that wont happen..im not hating i did the same thing and they did the same thing.. they suck.. get good hoses and it will fix the problem

04-26-2005, 09:32 AM
i dont know anything about this subject

04-26-2005, 09:47 AM
then don't post.
yeah I realize now that they suck, I'm phasing most of that shit out. The thing that sucks is the line to my boost gauge is that shit, and it runs through the firewall, so it will be a pain the ass. but it hasn't shown any signs of deteriorating yet, so maybe it will be ok.

04-26-2005, 09:54 AM
its kinda funny i left that one too it was too much of a hassel to pull it out