PDA

View Full Version : ka24e v.s. ka24de

young chris
10-10-2005, 02:59 AM
deos anyone know the compression ratio on the ka24e and the ka24de i was talking to this guy at a machine shop and he was telling me that the ka24e is better than the ka24de because copression ratio is lower in the ka24e than the ka24de so there for it will be better for turbo he also said sohc is better than dohc i taught dohc delivers more power though?

ameenIT
10-10-2005, 03:02 AM
the guy at your machine shop is retarded...

crzycav86
10-10-2005, 08:56 AM
ka24e does have lower compression than the ka24de, which typically is better for turbo, but that's only in one aspect. I don't think the ka24e has oil squirters, does it?

Aries
10-10-2005, 10:41 AM
ka24e does have lower compression than the ka24de, which typically is better for turbo, but that's only in one aspect. I don't think the ka24e has oil squirters, does it?
NOPE.

young chris
10-10-2005, 01:10 PM
yeah that what i was telling him cause i have a 90 240 sx and i was telling him that i wanted to put a 97 ka24de in my car and he was like for what it is going to cost to much money, to much work cause youy have to take off the dash to wire the ecu and wire harness then he was like if you want to built a motor stick with the sohc lower ratio is better for turbo i think he said the sohc is 8:1 ratio and the dohc has a 8:5:1 ratio but i was telling the guy that the sohc has 140hp and the dohc delivers 15 more horses and i think that is a better motor to build an he said no.

Confused
10-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Do me a favor and go slap the guy at your machine shop.

2blue240
10-10-2005, 01:26 PM
yeah that what i was telling him cause i have a 90 240 sx and i was telling him that i wanted to put a 97 ka24de in my car and he was like for what it is going to cost to much money, to much work cause youy have to take off the dash to wire the ecu and wire harness then he was like if you want to built a motor stick with the sohc lower ratio is better for turbo i think he said the sohc is 8:1 ratio and the dohc has a 8:5:1 ratio but i was telling the guy that the sohc has 140hp and the dohc delivers 15 more horses and i think that is a better motor to build an he said no.

wow where does he work i would love to talk to this guy. dont listen to him he has no idea what hes talking about. the DE motor is 9.5:1 i dunno about the 24e but i know its not in the 8.x:x ratio. i dont see why you would have to remove the dash for a de swap. to my understanding its pretty straight forward. tell him to sign up im sure we could put him in the hall of fame

2blue240
10-10-2005, 01:27 PM
wow where does he work i would love to talk to this guy. dont listen to him he has no idea what hes talking about. the DE motor is 9.5:1 i dunno about the 24e but i know its not in the 8.x:x ratio. i dont see why you would have to remove the dash for a de swap. to my understanding its pretty straight forward. tell him to sign up im sure we could put him in the hall of fame

edit: also if you swap the 24e pistons into a DE it raises the compression.

s14blacktop
10-10-2005, 01:32 PM
do a search and you will find out, i'm too lazy to search.

Your friend is so wrong, how is a single camshaft better then dual camshafts?

Also before you replace the ka24e, turbo the engine (you got nothing to loose) drive it until it blows.. then swap a dohc in..

Ask your friend this question, Do you know the difference between dohc and sohc?

if he responds yes, tell him hes a dunbass for not knowing shit.
if no, tell him hes still a dumbass for talking shit that he knows nothing about.
dont mean to be mean but your friend is asking for it.

Aries
10-10-2005, 01:33 PM
edit: also if you swap the 24e pistons into a DE it raises the compression.
Yep. 10.8:1

And the E to DE swap is a cakewalk. 6 hours total time, and that's if you have to move your E's tranny to your DE.

2blue240
10-10-2005, 01:37 PM

And the E to DE swap is a cakewalk. 6 hours total time, and that's if you have to move your E's tranny to your DE.

woo hoo i was right. so yea from now on listen to us not him. i say swap in that 97 motor now. make a thread if you need help thats what we are here for

InNeedOfBoost
10-10-2005, 01:44 PM
look for all my threads about how much i hate my SOHC...hence the reason i bought a 95 DE...DOHC > SOHC anyday...your friend is a moron. kthnx

also, how the hell would it be more expensive to swap in a DE then to turbo an E??? O_o

FbodTrek
10-10-2005, 02:00 PM
SOHC may be a bit better NISSAN-wise to build an all-motor setup, but that's pretty much the extent of it. Tell that guy to go back to school...

young chris
10-10-2005, 02:18 PM
no he's not my riend guy's it's this machine shop of south post oak that i live buy and i went in there to ask him if the build motors and he said yes and that's when me and him started to talk and he gave me that b/s chat anyway's i am looking for a ka24de i will have to save up cause i throw one of my rod in my 240, will a savage yard be a good place where to get one i had a place on airline called n.t salvage he was going to sell me a 1997 motor only for $550 but when i told him i ned the ecu, wire harness, p.s.lines, and a/c compressor he jacked the price up to $1,000 dollars anyone knows a salvage yard to get one from?

2blue240
10-10-2005, 02:58 PM
no he's not my riend guy's it's this machine shop of south post oak that i live buy and i went in there to ask him if the build motors and he said yes and that's when me and him started to talk and he gave me that b/s chat anyway's i am looking for a ka24de i will have to save up cause i throw one of my rod in my 240, will a savage yard be a good place where to get one i had a place on airline called n.t salvage he was going to sell me a 1997 motor only for $550 but when i told him i ned the ecu, wire harness, p.s.lines, and a/c compressor he jacked the price up to $1,000 dollars anyone knows a salvage yard to get one from?

1k is a tad bit high. id say get the motor and tranny from a junkyard. and get the ecu and everything else off the boards im sure someone has the stuff your looking for. ill keep my eye out for some DE motors

Nismo_Freak
10-10-2005, 03:01 PM
The head on the SOHC doesn't flow shit. It's pathetic.

young chris
10-10-2005, 03:43 PM
yeah 2 blue 240 i might just put the 240 aside for a minute buy the motor at the savage yard know my tranny is still good of my 90 240sx still and buy the ecu,and other stuff later also will i need a altenator from a 1991+ or not?

ADiamond240sx
10-10-2005, 04:49 PM

can you run ka24e pistons in de block with little to no mod easiliy?

Nismo_Freak
10-10-2005, 10:39 PM
can you run ka24e pistons in de block with little to no mod easiliy?

The 2mm dish pistons (aka flat-tops) you can run without any mods.

The higher compression 2mm dome pistons require fly-cuts (valve relief cuts into the piston).

Either will require 91+ octane, and can be ran on stock management.

G_slide
10-11-2005, 11:10 PM
can you swap a DE head onto a E block?
what would have to change?