View Full Version : help for a clueless guy

young chris
09-27-2005, 12:33 AM
ok guys i really dont know anything about turbos the only thing i know is that it makes your car fast. I know if you get a turbo also you will have to build the bottom end of your motor but is it possibly to bypass building the bottom end to get like 270hp-300hp or there's no way around it the bottom end is a most? cause I know a stock Ka24de comes with 155hp and i dont think no add ons can mount to the hp i want?

09-27-2005, 12:36 AM
built head maybe might help.....

09-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Turbo Manifold
T3/T04E .50 Trim compressor, .60 trim compressor housing / Stg 3 (aka TA31) turbine wheel, .48 to .63 A/R exhaust housing. Internal wastegate optional but not recommended.
Downpipe can still be 2.5", but this is as far as I would want to push that.
Front Mount Intercooler (FMIC) It's time to upgrade to a larger front mount as the larger will push more air than the smaller sidemount can cool.

Fuel Control
550cc Injectors
SAFC2 to control your fuel injectors, along with the stock ecu.
MSD BTM At this stage I would be running the BTM to control timing retard.
Reflashed ECU-This can be a DIY thing with Megasquirt Tuning or a JWT.
Z32 Maf is required, as the stock Maf stops being able to read at around 260 rwhp.
Wideband O2 Sensor should be installed for tuning.

Block Internals
This is where I would start to consider it necessary to replace you pistons

09-27-2005, 12:44 AM
find a good low milage KA like the on im selling (lol i know shameless but it just so happens its a good start) And u can do 270whp reliably easy. with a good turbo upgrade and a good computer to manage it.

09-27-2005, 12:49 AM
this is for 200whp both replys is the safest smartes way to do it.
Turbo Manifold
Blow Off Valve
Small Intercooler (potentially get away with a side mount)
Turbo T25/T28/14B, etc. Smaller T2 setups. Usually will be internally wastegated.
Downpipe 2.5" is perfectly fine
Replacing the Exhaust is starting to be very necessary at this stage, so I would start to shop for that as well.

Fuel Control
SR 370cc Injectors
Apexi SAFC2
Greddy Emanage
Back off base timing at distributor or MSD BTM

09-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Do a compression and leakdown on your motor. Even a "high mileage" ka can take some boost for awhile if it's in good condition.

No one should know the condition of the motor better than the owner.

young chris
09-27-2005, 01:16 AM
ok i see as long as the motor has the capability to handle a turbo i guess the bottom end dont need to be rebuild just follow thsoe instructions that was posted and everything should be gravy.

09-27-2005, 02:13 AM
wtd does crazy cav know about turbo kas..

hes just a fucking cavalier owner.. EAT SHIT AND DIE!!