PDA

View Full Version : I'll be replacing my clutch soon...

mopete
09-19-2005, 11:02 PM
I was wondering what is a stock aftermarket clutch rated at (power wise) for the sohc.

Im in need of replacing it, simply because A. its weak and B. I think its the cause of my transmission slipping out of gear between 3500 and 4k rpm.

(if you want more input on that, the shiftwer isin't comming out of gear, the tranny is just loosing the power, and i have to shift out and shift back in)

So my question, will a stocker hold up to a lil extra sohc power. Or should i just try to find a performance clutch kit. <- Im sure this option can't hurt, which is where i may lean towards eventually.

crzycav86
09-19-2005, 11:20 PM
It fully depends on what you wanna do with the car. If you want more power(with a turbo) go ahead and get a good aftermarket one. If you want to stay NA, a stock replacement will work.(Get one that can hold 180ft-lbs to be safe). Also, I hear a good clutch is nice for drifutoing. But I'm not one to talk on that subject.

mopete
09-20-2005, 04:07 PM
anyone else have input?

tommy thompson
09-20-2005, 04:54 PM
yeah, stock ones are fine for NA. my stock one went out pretty quickly after i started actually drifting at events. then again, that clutch already had ALOT of miles on it. for around 300 bucks, i got a really good 6 puck street clutch, and i love it. its taken quite a bit of abuse. i would assume a stock clutch that was new or in good condition would hold up fine, though.

mopete
09-21-2005, 08:09 AM
doesn't sound bad. I'm gonna ebay some clutches, and then check into a clutch kit from a couple of places. My buddie might have them wholesale.

mopete
09-25-2005, 12:57 PM
all these peeps and no one else had input?

toofartys14
09-25-2005, 01:08 PM
well cuz theres a question you didnt answer. what are your goals with the car ...... daily? drift? turbo?

Slideshow240
09-25-2005, 01:25 PM
dont ever put another stock spek one on.....if you post on here or mention "more power" just go ahead and drop the extra cash and get a srage 2 or something. you will be happier with the knowing that your clutch will never go out due to you never making that much power. that and it will last longer due to less wear on it from the SOHC.

mopete
09-25-2005, 02:51 PM
well cuz theres a question you didnt answer. what are your goals with the car ...... daily? drift? turbo?
1. No reasons to drift.
2. Probably not turbo since i've got bigger plans for the future.
3. Yes, its the current daily