PDA

View Full Version : Ok i want to settle this KA TB vs SR TB

datboibrad
09-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Ok im tired of everyone saying the KA TB is a direct bolt on for the SR when in fact it isnt at all. wow it bolts up the same but thats where the similarities end. how the hell do you set up the tps? they have like two damn plugs. not to mention the water lines dont even fit right. so can anyone explain to me how to get a DOHC KA tb to work on my SR since my SR TB is fucked and i cant get my hands on another one

187ka24de-t
09-13-2005, 12:16 AM
from my know how it doesnt work.

Slideshow240
09-13-2005, 12:24 AM
B18C1 swap that bitch.........B18C1 > SR20DET

FbodTrek
09-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Take a picture of the two of them, and post it up, I'll tell you how to make it work ;)

(just fyi, shit can ALWAYS "work", with a little ingenuity anyhow)

187ka24de-t
09-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Take a picture of the two of them, and post it up, I'll tell you how to make it work ;)

You can make anything work right. but he was asking if its just a direct bolt on and thats it. with a little moding you can make anything work.

FbodTrek
09-13-2005, 03:07 AM
the bolt pattern is the same I believe, but ti's the TPS connector that's different...as for coolant lines, bypass them, they are for winter cars.

Voodoo
09-13-2005, 07:25 AM

exactly... and research

FITZ
09-13-2005, 08:21 AM
My SR has a DOHC KA TB on it, so, I know it'll work...just don't know how...cuz I didn't do it.

If you want you can come look at it (I know you're all the way in BMT) or I can try to take some pics for you???

LMK

_al
09-13-2005, 08:53 AM
the bolt pattern is the same I believe, but ti's the TPS connector that's different...as for coolant lines, bypass them, they are for winter cars.

Depending on which generation KA / SR, the TPS connector is actually the same.

datboibrad
09-13-2005, 02:08 PM
well what im saying is people downplay the swap as being direct bolt on. but they really arnt direct at all. right now im fucking dying ove a throttle body but i dont have a tps for my DOHC KA and my SR TB is fuxord

Voodoo
09-13-2005, 02:35 PM
What year SR and what year KA TPS?

BTW

KA>SR for parts availability.... ;)

Did you run a ECU Fault Check to see what codes it spits out?

OK...

First Diagram: KA24DE TPS
Second Diagram: SR20DET TPS

Check your wiring slick...

datboibrad
09-13-2005, 06:09 PM
What year SR and what year KA TPS?

BTW

KA>SR for parts availability.... ;)

Did you run a ECU Fault Check to see what codes it spits out?

Check your wiring slick...
i havent tried wiring anything yet. also as far as parts it doesnt make a shit around here anyway. no one has KA motors its all SR and regardless parts would still be hard to find. also how do i run a ecu fault check if i cant start the car for the ecu to get a chance to read everything and see whats messed up?

also its a s13 Redtop and my KA TB is from a DOHC which i dont have a tps for. i do have a tps for a SOHC but the damn plug is chopped off.

Voodoo
09-13-2005, 08:09 PM
i havent tried wiring anything yet. also as far as parts it doesnt make a shit around here anyway. no one has KA motors its all SR and regardless parts would still be hard to find. also how do i run a ecu fault check if i cant start the car for the ecu to get a chance to read everything and see whats messed up?

also its a s13 Redtop and my KA TB is from a DOHC which i dont have a tps for. i do have a tps for a SOHC but the damn plug is chopped off.

OK...

What you need to do is tell the whole story in one shot, leaving the cuss words out and talking like you know what yuou are doing.

Give us ALL the information of the ghetto modification you are trying to do, instead of just getting the correct parts for the job [what a novel thought]...

So to fill in the folks playing at home, we are dealing with...

-SR motor Red Top from an S13
-KA24DE Throttle Body
-KA24E TPS with the wires "chopped off"

First.. are there any wires left on the TPS and if so, what colors are they?

What are the TPS wire colors on your engine harness?

Do they look like these colors?

[Research is your friend]

KA24E/CA18 TPS:

datboibrad
09-13-2005, 09:12 PM
you no dude, i understand your just trying to help and i thank you for that, but im seriously getting sick and tired of you following up every post i make trying to make me sound like i dont no what im talking about. i did have the correct part but it was damaged and since people wont come through with their word im left assed out and having to make due with what i have. so stfu and keep your smart as remarks to yourself. ive had to deal with one to many stupid ass people during this entire operation so if you wanna be a smart ass just fuck off already

Voodoo
09-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey.. Roger that!

just remember, it goes both ways.

If you want help, you got to give every bit of info you have.

It isn't like you are across the street and we can stop over and check it out.

If you have the sensors, wire it up.

And I'll got "Fuck Off" now. :)

drft57pro
09-13-2005, 10:25 PM
brad doesn;t know shit about nissan....or honda..... :lol:

drft57pro
09-13-2005, 10:25 PM
jus joinin tha bandwagon....

drft57pro
09-13-2005, 10:26 PM
jus fuckin wit you.......

datboibrad
09-13-2005, 10:37 PM
jus fuckin wit you.......
im always willing to learn. and im willing to bet i know about honduhs then anyone on this board with maybe thge exception of mike and ameen :woowoo

btw no hard feelings voodoo im just about to loose my mind with all the bullshit im getting from people dealing with this car :(

Voodoo
09-14-2005, 07:14 AM
btw no hard feelings voodoo im just about to loose my mind with all the bullshit im getting from people dealing with this car :(

So Listen.

Tell us exactly what you have to work with, and the state your stuff is in...

Remember, there is no harm in admitting you don't know something or need help... That is how you learn.

And as far as knowing the most about Hondas... Who cares?

You ain't working on a HonDuh.

datboibrad
09-14-2005, 05:10 PM
So Listen.

Tell us exactly what you have to work with, and the state your stuff is in...

Remember, there is no harm in admitting you don't know something or need help... That is how you learn.

And as far as knowing the most about Hondas... Who cares?

You ain't working on a HonDuh.
the honda thing was just side gossip between me and campos. right now the TPS and TB rigging might be out the window since my Honduh family (king of rigging shit) helped me "fix" the sr tb. now all it needs is a bolt and a way to keep things from coming a part. here is a picture of what we have in mind.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5610/errr3za.jpg

Voodoo
09-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Whoa...

What you trying to do?

The shaft is stripped and the nut [you said bolt, I believe you mean nut] keeps comming lose?

The Shaft you are showing is the one that holds the throttle plate/Throttle Cable pulley/TPS, right?

I would rethread it and use a nylon locking nut...

Or Locktite

The drill and cotter pin should work, but the shaft is going to be a bitch to drill a hole straight through.

can you pull the shaft out of the KA Throttle Body and put it in the SR Throttle Body?

You don't want the setup failing at the wrong time... like say.. Wide Open Throttle in any gear... :eyecrazy

datboibrad
09-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Whoa...

What you trying to do?

The shaft is stripped and the nut [you said bolt, I believe you mean nut] keeps comming lose?

The Shaft you are showing is the one that holds the throttle plate/Throttle Cable pulley/TPS, right?

I would rethread it and use a nylon locking nut...

Or Locktite

The drill and cotter pin should work, but the shaft is going to be a bitch to drill a hole straight through.

can you pull the shaft out of the KA Throttle Body and put it in the SR Throttle Body?

You don't want the setup failing at the wrong time... like say.. Wide Open Throttle in any gear... :eyecrazy
yes you got it correct. we where going to swap shafts but the KA one is larger then the SR one which is kinda weird. and if i have the room for the cotter pin i may opt to do it but the nylon locking nut and locktite should be suffcient :)

Voodoo
09-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Yup
I agree.

make sure it is secure, whatever you end up using.

datboibrad
09-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Yup
I agree.

make sure it is secure, whatever you end up using.
werd :redspot