PDA

View Full Version : Question on FMIC kits

King 240
08-28-2005, 11:50 PM
Ok help me out here. I have a few questions about the GReddy FMIC kits.
Since I have royally messed up my FMIC and the piping is all ruined, I'm going to get another kit.

Questions:
1) What is the diffrerance between the GReddy VSPL and the RSPL kits?
*according to optionimports.com, one comes with polished end tanks and pipes*

2) If you have the GReddy kit, and are getting the GReddy / Top Speed intake manifold do you need this "GReddy intake manifold pipe"?

GReddy VSPL kit
http://www.optionimports.com/grfrmoinfor8.html

GReddy RSPL kit
http://www.optionimports.com/grrsfrmoinfo.html

GReddy intake manifold pipe
http://www.optionimports.com/grinpifors13.html

Thanks

Sickboy
08-29-2005, 12:12 AM
Per Greddy site:

V-Spec. Core

Depending on the application and usage, some turbocharged set-ups require different flow characteristics. To add to our tuning choices, GReddy developed the V-spec. line of intercooler cores with an inner "Micro Grove Tube" design. This design was developed to allow for larger cores that give good cooling with a more free flowing internal core. This is ideal for applications with low to medium-high boost levels in factory turbocharged engines or normally aspirated engines with bolt-on turbo kits.

R-Spec. Core
GReddy R-Spec. cores feature a high heat-dissipating "Inner fin" design. This is ideal for medium to high boost levels on higher horsepower or upgraded turbo engines. The larger internal surface area provides superior cooling efficiency for radiating excessive heat and minimizing heat soak. Some R-spec. kits are labeled "HG" or High Grade; these kits feature piping and end tanks that have been hand-polished to a mirror finish for the ultimate in show quality aesthetics.

King 240
08-29-2005, 06:27 AM
thanks, looks like I'll be getting a RSPL, however I'm going to keep the pipe that connects to the throttle body becuase the intake temp sensor is welded on there.

FITZ
08-29-2005, 08:15 AM
I have RSPL :redspot

King 240
08-29-2005, 08:18 AM
well my VSPL kit was doing nicely till a damn hunk of tire hit it,lol
But hey we all can't drive show cars right,lol.
Do you have the GReddy intake manifold?

FITZ
08-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Nah :(

_al
08-29-2005, 09:24 AM
2) If you have the GReddy kit, and are getting the GReddy / Top Speed intake manifold do you need this "GReddy intake manifold pipe"?

Yes, but you can also modify the last pipe on the IC kits, as the GReddy intake manifold relocates the throttle body from stock location.

King 240
08-29-2005, 09:48 AM
ok cause now that I have the standalone and on MAPs, my air temp sensor is on the curent pipe. I don't want to have to get it cut off then a new bung welded on (Mark will hate me,lol)

jeremyS14
08-29-2005, 10:50 AM
planning on rspl uprgarde from my vspl when upgrade comes.

King 240
08-29-2005, 11:45 AM
planning on rspl uprgarde from my vspl when upgrade comes.

is your damaged and if not how long till you upgrade?
A friend of mine has one that he is selling, I'm going to see if it will work with the piping, if so then I'm going to just buy his core.

silverline
08-29-2005, 11:48 AM
if you buy his core let me know I need to take a look at the piping