PDA

View Full Version : Chipped Ecu

datboibrad
08-26-2005, 12:18 AM
Ok i have a chipped ecu thats setup for 550's and a z32 MAF. problem is i dont have 550's. i have the software for the chip and a suitable burner i just cant figure out whats the deal with the two chips. ive heard that it could be multiple maps which i doubt since theyre is no way to switch between them thats visibly obvious. also i dont understand about the file being split between two 8 bit chips to form a 16 bit file or some shit basically can someone explain this shit and possibly how i can burn a new file onto it?

datboibrad
08-26-2005, 01:00 AM
also is this even worth using since i have a safc? arnt those supposed to be able to work with a z32 without a chipped ecu

FITZ
08-26-2005, 08:28 AM
also is this even worth using since i have a safc? arnt those supposed to be able to work with a z32 without a chipped ecu

From what I've heard...yeah.

and you a BMT baller...jsut get some 550cc injectors :D

datboibrad
08-26-2005, 10:32 AM
From what I've heard...yeah.

and you a BMT baller...jsut get some 550cc injectors :D
no shit. i might as well. but at the same time im running out of time as far as getting my shit running for school :bawl

datboibrad
08-26-2005, 10:41 AM
attn Sickboy father of all knowledge :(

silverline
08-26-2005, 04:09 PM
lol yes for now if yo like just run stock program with the z32 maf I think the settings are 2-5

datboibrad
08-26-2005, 10:49 PM
lol yes for now if yo like just run stock program with the z32 maf I think the settings are 2-5
settings????

redss
08-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Do you know where this ECU came from? It's for the SR I supposed? If you know the program is tuned for 550 and Z32 then I will leave it alone and either get a set of 550cc injectors to match it. Otherwise, if you already have a SAFC, just use the MAF adaptability function and stick with the stock ECU. Instead of setting it for 5in 5out, it will be 2in 5out for the z32 MAF.

If you open the ECU, you will see the daughterboard sticking out with two chips. They are the Odd and even bit chips. The nissan ECU is a 16 bits ECU. If there are two eproms on the board, they are 8 bits chips and they are put together odd and even style to make up the 16 bits addressing needed for the ECU.

datboibrad
08-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Otherwise, if you already have a SAFC, just use the MAF adaptability function and stick with the stock ECU. Instead of setting it for 5in 5out, it will be 2in 5out for the z32 MAF.

If you open the ECU, you will see the daughterboard sticking out with two chips. They are the Odd and even bit chips. The nissan ECU is a 16 bits ECU. If there are two eproms on the board, they are 8 bits chips and they are put together odd and even style to make up the 16 bits addressing needed for the ECU.
ok the first part is exactly what i needed to know. also the part about the chip i already knew but what im trying to figure out is how to reburn the chips. i dont have a clue how to split the file from odd and even onto each chip. i have a Willem burner and the ROMEditor software but its kinda fubar on instructions lol

also is there anything else i need to set on the afc other then the MAF inputs?

datboibrad
08-28-2005, 10:03 AM
anyone?

silverline
08-28-2005, 10:05 AM
fuel trim, tps is 4 cyl risng. hotwire,

redss
08-28-2005, 12:07 PM
ok the first part is exactly what i needed to know. also the part about the chip i already knew but what im trying to figure out is how to reburn the chips. i dont have a clue how to split the file from odd and even onto each chip. i have a Willem burner and the ROMEditor software but its kinda fubar on instructions lol

also is there anything else i need to set on the afc other then the MAF inputs?

How about this, I buy you new replacement chips if you want to meet up and swap me the those on the ECU. I m interested in the code.

Sickboy
08-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Whether or not you can re-burn the chips will depend on what type of chips they are. (Kind of like the whole CD-R vs. CD-RW thing) Redss already stated the 2 8-bit, due to Nissan ECCS using a 16-bit. Unless you are very familiar with hexidecimal code and tuning using the ROM Editor, IMO - Get some 550cc inj. for now OR find someone knowledgable enough with re-tuning w/ROMeditor, burning chips, etc. You dont want to funk that up. I have some different ROM files that'll prob work,then you can use the SAFC with it to re-adjust for Z32.. PM me.

datboibrad
08-28-2005, 07:50 PM
OR find someone knowledgable enough with re-tuning w/ROMeditor, burning chips, etc. I have some different ROM files that'll prob work,then you can use the SAFC with it to re-adjust for Z32.. PM me.
i was hoping that would be you :bawl

you say you have the rom files but do you know anything about burning them? i can halfway understand how to laod a file in romeditor and change it for z32 and all that jazz