PDA

View Full Version : Going to the shop....:(

King 240
04-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Well, I'm out of clues. For about a month now my vac has gotten worse. I've replaced all the gaskets on the turbo side of the motor, the intake side of the motor, changed o2 sensor, spark plugs, checked intercooler piping, leaks from BOV, and I still haven't found the problem with the car. I used to pull near 20vac, now its sitting near 15-10vac. Also it seems to drive fine with the boost controller off but then it won't do good when trying to get to the 14.5psi that I have the profect B set at.
I'm at a lost for what else it could be, so I'm planning on taking her to SGP sometime this week. When I took it last time they got it running awesomely, hopefully they will get her back to the way she was.

If you have any ideas and suggestions let me know. I'd rather fix it myself but I'm just about out of clues as what to do. Thanks

Project240
04-12-2005, 01:51 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

hjaha your sig. lol!

King 240
04-12-2005, 01:53 PM
yeah that was a funny moment...I had to then explain how it worked and what the purpose was. But I laughed for a long time about that,lol.

Nice Skyline you have as the avatar.

So anyone with suggestions? Looking to take it Maybe Wednesday or Thrusday, whenever they can get me in.

rico05
04-12-2005, 04:50 PM
You said that with the Profec turned on it jacks up? I would make sure that all the vac lines for that are still good and haven't melted.

King 240
04-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Well after talking with Rico....I think there could be a possiblity that the GReddy Type-S is messed up and causing boost to just leak by.

Before when I first got the car Lightspeed (or someone) put tape over the premounted BOV flange on the GReddy FMIC piping. When this blew the car wouldn't hold its idle and ran rich as crap. The car is starting to show those signs again. So considering all the FMIC piping is tight and inplace the bov is my only thing with that part I can think of. The bolt on it was tightened down pretty tight....tighter then maybe it should have been.

I'll check that tonight and let you know how it goes.

King 240
04-13-2005, 03:04 AM
well replaced the bov with another TypeS that a friend had laying around. seemed to actually hold boost correctly.

However I'm still pulling about 15 vac but closer to 20vac. I'm gonna be mad to take it and have them find the problem in like 2 secs,lol.

What else can i possibly check if the gaskets on the intake side are fine?!?!

s15sx
04-13-2005, 03:13 AM
btw, what do you guys normally pull on vacuum???

rico05
04-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Solid 20in/Hg is what you should see at idle in any Nissan 4. 18 in/Hg is the least you should see with nothing screwed up.

King 240
04-13-2005, 08:27 PM
-so def know its a boost leak
-know that I don't have blow by, cause there is no smoke coming from the motor or exhaust
-thinking about getting a intake manifold to clear up some of that piping
-gonna go to SGP in a week or so for a full check up and SAFC install

Man I really wish I could figure out what was wrong:confused :(

King 240
04-14-2005, 01:28 PM
is there any vac lines on the back of the motor that are hugely vital. Also is the valve cover isn't sealed correctly this could lead to a vac leak as well right?
When I had the timing set I don't think the valve cover gasket set right.

King 240
04-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Well after further looking into it, I'm replacing the throttle body gasket and checking the fittings around that area so see if that clears up anything.

I'll keep ya posted.....