PDA

View Full Version : exhaust question

InNeedOfBoost
07-03-2005, 01:05 AM
what company makes the exhaust system with the muffler that has the burnt looking tip (forget what its called)...not sure if i like it or not and wanna get some opinions..lemme no what yall think

Toyotech
07-03-2005, 02:07 AM
Apex-i probably makes every kind of exhaust in every color......

initial what?
07-03-2005, 02:55 AM
just put any exhaust on.......itll look burnt after while

King 240
07-03-2005, 04:50 AM
I assume your talking about the blue burnt tip look.
Well thats most common with a Ti exhaust.
Amuse makes beautiful exhaust but they are about 1-2k for a cat back...all Ti of course

Toyotech
07-03-2005, 09:55 AM
$$$1-2,000!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm not sure who (with an S13) would buy an exhaust system that costs twice as much as our cars, and just as much as an SR swap (engine only)... also, more than coilovers, or a very nice paint job, or good home made turbo kit, etc...

:eyecrazy :eyecrazy :eyecrazy :eyecrazy :eyecrazy

redss
07-03-2005, 10:11 AM
I saw one by JIC magic yesterday at Super AutoBac. I am in L.A in the Stanton and Garden Grove area. Did not even know that the Super AutoBAC is here.

Very impressive shop.

raemi
07-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by redss
I saw one by JIC magic yesterday at Super AutoBac. I am in L.A in the Stanton and Garden Grove area. Did not even know that the Super AutoBAC is here.

Very impressive shop.

yea, i used to live kinda near there in westminster. it was convenient when you needed a part on the weekend and no shop was open but damn they rape you on pricing!

as for the exhaust. there are a number of companies that make a burnt tip canister..... JIC, HKS, Apex, etc......

Sickboy
07-03-2005, 12:58 PM
some knock-off exhausts have the simulated burnt tip.. but it is indicative of Titanium exhausts.. usually a complete cat-back weighs around 5-7lbs.. which is why they are usually $1000+ (not to forget they are titanium.)

a lot of different companies make them.

redss
07-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by raemi

yea, i used to live kinda near there in westminster. it was convenient when you needed a part on the weekend and no shop was open but damn they rape you on pricing!

as for the exhaust. there are a number of companies that make a burnt tip canister..... JIC, HKS, Apex, etc......

Yea, the pricing is kinda steep but that's for overhead on that big building. The shop is definitely nice. I saw a couple of nice s14 in there. There were a few JDM drift sedans like the chaser and cefiro in there as well.

Man, I wish I can afford to live down here. The weather is so nice.

KoukiKA240sx
07-04-2005, 10:41 AM

Very impressive shop.

When i was on my road trip last summer i stayed at my friends unlces place in garden grove, he lived around the corner from super autobacs. We spent prolly 2 hrs there and didnt buy a damn thing. Man that place is amazing.
~Sam

2blue240
07-04-2005, 11:15 PM
apexi do it

raemi
07-05-2005, 01:32 PM

Yea, the pricing is kinda steep but that's for overhead on that big building. The shop is definitely nice. I saw a couple of nice s14 in there. There were a few JDM drift sedans like the chaser and cefiro in there as well.

Man, I wish I can afford to live down here. The weather is so nice.

lol i saw that s13 from pimp my ride there in the parking lot.

InNeedOfBoost
07-05-2005, 01:33 PM
just ordered it yesterday...knock off but i not planning on wasting too much money on this crappy 24E

crzycav86
07-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by InNeedOfBoost
just ordered it yesterday...knock off but i not planning on wasting too much money on this crappy 24E

What's wrong with the E? Don't knock it till you rock it :p

InNeedOfBoost
07-05-2005, 04:04 PM
o im knocking it hardcore....this 24E is still giving me shit...im getting about 145mi to every tank and its still pouring out black smoke when im at idle and when i get on the gas hard. o and that 145mi is me driving like a little bitch TRYING my hardest to save gas...if im hard on it and rev high everywhere i go i get about 95mi to every tank...so yea...im knocking it hardcore...anyone have a running motor they want to donate to a broke 19 yr living on his own??

bretleg
07-07-2005, 04:04 PM
ill give u a tip

move back home its cheaper :)

InNeedOfBoost
07-07-2005, 11:42 PM
:confused ..wtf....lol...doesnt matter where i live...thats not gonna change the fact that my car is still running like shit