PDA

View Full Version : sr trouble

slidewayz
06-07-2005, 07:16 PM
all the sudden now when i try to go full throttle the car studders and acts like it doesnt want top go over 5k...its really pissing me off. turn in, start into the boost, rear end begins to break loose and then .....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Whats wrong w/this piece of sh--. everything is stock including the fuel pump, only thing different is a fields reprogrammed ecu.

initial what?
06-07-2005, 07:18 PM
maybe its trying to push out more fuel than you can deliver?

King 240
06-07-2005, 07:46 PM
1st off are you SRswapped and on the stock KA fuel pump?
Engine might be having slight detonation. You should upgrade to the walbro or Z32 fuel pump. Also could be the fact that something is up with the MAF. My car did that for a little bit turns out there was a bad wire in the MAF.

slidewayz
06-08-2005, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by King 240
1st off are you SRswapped and on the stock KA fuel pump?
Engine might be having slight detonation. You should upgrade to the walbro or Z32 fuel pump. Also could be the fact that something is up with the MAF. My car did that for a little bit turns out there was a bad wire in the MAF.

yeah, i need to upgrade the fuel pump....how did u find out about the bad wire in the MAF? was it the wires that go to it? i was putting on my powersteering before it startred doing it and i was fiddeling w/the wire going to it trying to get it out of the way, i wonder if i had one come loose...could that be possible? it runs fine unless i give it alot of throttle...its almost like the motor just shuts off untill i let off the gas

King 240
06-08-2005, 10:19 PM
yeah that could be a possiblity.....Actually I just saw the wire hanging out,lol. But I've been told you can use a voltmeter to check, i believe its called.

robs240sx
06-17-2005, 09:27 PM
before you check the wires check all the intercooler pipes.